Orange Roughy with Coconut~Dill Sauce
For the fish:
Pre-heat oven to 375º F
1-2 lbs orange roughy filets or any other white fish you may like
olive oil, to drizzle over the fish
1. Drizzle the fish with olive oil and season on both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
2. Place the fish in the pre-heated oven and bake until done. Most white fish cook fairly quickly. No more than 20 minutes at the most.
For the sauce:
1 13.5 oz can of coconut milk, full fat
1 tbs. Olive oil
2 small shallots, finely chopped
1 tbs. Freshly chopped dill
zest from one lemon or lime
sea salt and pepper to taste
Fresh chopped spring onions to garnish with.
1. In a sauce pan, heat the olive over medium high heat.
2. Place the shallots in the pan and let them cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the coconut milk, the most important part is to get all the coconut fat, you may leave out some of the water at the bottom of the can.
4. Mix the coconut milk with the shallots for about a minute and then add the lemon zest and the dill.
5. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Let the liquid cook down to about half or until it has thickened.
6. Salt and pepper to taste
7. Drizzle the sauce over the cooked fish and add the fresh chopped spring onions on top.
The coconut-dill sauce would be a hit with a variety of fish. Try it on cod, tilapia, or even salmon!
Recipe Credit: Greek Paleo